“Counselling is an activity freely entered into by the person seeking help, it offers the opportunity to identify things for the client themselves that are troubling or perplexing. It is clearly and explicitly contracted, and the boundaries of the relationship identifies. The activity itself is designed to help self-exploration and understanding. The process should help to identify thoughts, emotions and behaviours. That, once accessed, may offer the client a greater sense of personal resources and self-determined change”.
Janice Russell, Graham Dexter and Tim Bond (1992).
The most important thing in the Personal-Centred approach is that you are valued, accepted and respected as a whole person and, may be at first time in your life, you are not told what to do or how you should feel, can be real and honest with yourself, listen your feelings, forgive and love yourself without any judgement.
Counselling can help you explore your options, see your situation in a different light and discover resourceful aspects of yourself to help you find your own way forward. This self exploration can often be the first step towards experiencing your world in a better way or making the changes you need.
The sessions normally start on a weekly basis and last up to 60 minutes with both long and short term help available.
Code of ethics
As a qualified Counsellor and member of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)I adhere to the ‘Ethical Framework’ which sets out principles rather than rules and guides the quality of the services provided by counsellors and of protecting clients.
It can be viewed by clicking here: www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework
Any information you disclose to me during a counselling session will be held in strictest confidence. The confidentiality within counselling cannot be always absolute and we will discuss and agree about conditions of breaking the confidentiality at the beginning.
As a Counsellor I also attend regular supervision with independent counsellor to ensure I am working safely, and ethically for your best interest.
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens”.
Carl Gustav Jung
- Face to Face Counselling
- Couple counselling
- Skype Counselling
- Supervision for registered and trainee counsellors.
- A non-judgmental and confidential environment and therapeutic relationship which can help you to explore, understand and accept your unique experience, beliefs and feelings, see your situation in a different light, re-discover your own identity, values and sense of self-worth and find your own ways to move forward.
- Sessions will last 60 min and at an initial appointment you will be encouraged to explain your reasons for seeking help and what you would like to achieve though the therapy. If we decide to continue working together, we will sign a standard contract and arrange a time and day convenient for you.
- The number and frequency of sessions is entirely up to you, depending on your individual needs and requirements
Fees per 60 min session:
I offer daytime, evenings and Saturday appointments to fit in with your lifestyle.
Adult individuals: £40
I also offer a negotiable sliding scale for clients on lower incomes. This can be discussed during the initial meeting.
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Warrington Collegiate
- Ascentis Post-diploma Level 4 Certificate in Relationship Counselling
- CBT Level 5 Salford City College
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling for Depression UCLAN Preston
- Certificate in Supervision
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Understanding & Supporting People Who Self Harm
- Living with a Partner Who Has Died
- Understanding Autistic Spectrum and ADHD behaviours
- Working with Anger in Therapy
- Place2Be: Introductory Workshop, Helping Children Tell Their Stories
“Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
William Jennings Bryan .